Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:26:02 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ruby oddity (pthreads)

--=-PoBWjBhJQcrSFoFkuhc0

Makoto Matsushita p=ED=B9e v po 13. 03. 2006 v 02:19 +0900:
> > I made threaded ruby the default, because the Gtk+/GNOME bindings for
> > Ruby rely on it being threaded.  There are some rather nice apps using
> > those libraries...
>=20
> Reasonable, so we have to make lang/ruby18 ports to two ports -- one is f=
or
> pthread ruby and another is non-pthreaded ruby.  Both ports must be insta=
lled
> to the same system without any conflicts.  Any volunteers, or we have to =
wait
> until my superman, nork-san has a free time to do that? :-)

Sounds reasonable.

> We have another problems here; what is the default ruby, pthreaded or
> non-phtreaded.  My vote goes to non-pthreaded, since "default to pthreade=
d"
> may slow for users who doesn't require pthread.

No preference here.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

It whines, glows and fades...

--=-PoBWjBhJQcrSFoFkuhc0
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-PoBWjBhJQcrSFoFkuhc0--