Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 16:23:56 -0600
From:      "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@runbox.com>
To:        Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   web based e-mail system (was Looking for a port)

> I am looking for a port that would allow easy access via web to the
> Unix mailboxes (and if possible sending e-mails) via Web-interface,
> that could be used in parallel with pop or/and imap and shell mailers
> to access the same mailboxes. Is there one for FreeBSD ? I tried to
> search through the port collection, but was not able to find..

Igor,

I would recommend you look at IMP (http://horde.org/imp/).  There is no
port for this software, but it installs fairly easily.  It lets you
access mail boxes, send mail, maintain an address book, etc.  It
requires IMAP, but doesn't preclude you from having other IMAP enabled
mail readers, POP mail readers, etc. accessing the same message store.
It is very customizable and works quite well.

	-jan-
--
Jan L. Peterson
<jlp@runbox.com>