Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:07:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      dan@nfol.com (Dan Harnett)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS Master and non-split passwd files

Hello,

The 'pw' program already has the capability to keep /etc/master.passwd in
sync with a NIS one.  You can also restrict pw to the range of UIDs that it
may use.  To make this easier, you can create an /etc/pw.conf file that looks
something like this:

nispasswd=/var/yp/master.passwd
reuseuids=yes
minuid=1000
maxuid=65533
home=/home

Also when pw is run with the -Y option, it will also run make on
/var/yp/Makefile.

For more information see the man pages for 'pw' and 'pw.conf'.

Dan Harnett (dan@nfol.com)