Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:19:37 -1200
From:      Steve Blackmon <steve@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD vs. Linux (Slakware)

Hi,

I just ordered your Slakware CD, and then realized that you have
chosen FreeBSD to run your server. I was wondering if I should have
ordered FreeBSD instead? Do you have an opinion as to which is
better?

Here is some background/planned usage:

I have a 166Mhz Pentium from Gateway with 32 MB of RAM and plenty
of disk space for a complete install. I plan to install Unix (whichever
on is best) on my D: drive which is a 500 MB partition on a 2.5GB
drive. I am running Windows' 95.

I do not have an direct Internet connection but plan to connect
through a PPP line at my place of employment. I am a software
engineer and will use this OS to do some X/Motif development.

Given this information, which OS do you think I should choose?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Blackmon