Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:14:52 -0500
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Static linking of OpenSSL

Hi,

Recently I tried to compile a simple program using OpenSSL. It compiled,
linked and ran fine with the dynamic version of libcrypto. However,
when I tried to use libcrypto.a, I got unresolved symbol in it: RSA_PKCS1.
The symbol was defined in librsa{INTL,USA}.a, but those libraries use
symbols defined in libcrypto.a, thus creating circular dependencies.
I worked it around by specifying ``-u'' option for the GNU linker,
but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution to it?

Thank you,

--
   , The  power .                                 Any sufficiently advan-
  dP  to serve  7b    Krzysztof Parzyszek .---->  ced bug is indistingui-