Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:10:47 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org, standards@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libstdc++ does not contain fabsl symbol

Mike Barcroft wrote:
> > > This is because we lack the
> > >
> > > long double fabsl(long double);
> > >
> > > in -lm and <math.h>.
> >
> > OK, thanks for tracking it down.  This looks like an important
> > omission that should be fixed for 5.0-R.
>
> No one has started work on any of the C99 math functions yet.  I
> think with the exception of the math functions we conform to C99.

I have written compile time compliance validation tests for:

	7.12 Mathematics (macros and constants)
	7.12.3 Classification macros
	7.12.4 Trigonometric functions
	7.12.5 Hyperbolic functions
	7.12.6 Exponential and logarithmic functions

They test that things that are supposed to be defined are defined,
and they enforce type checking for defintions that are in scope at
the time the code is compiled (assuming you make the compiler gripe).

In case someone wants to work on this, I can send you a tar-ball.

-- Terry