Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 10:04:34 -0700
From:      "Thomas Foster" <thomas.foster@section6.net>
To:        "Odhiambo Washington" <wash@wananchi.com>, "FBSD-Q" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with ports

Hi Odhiambo,

Sounds like your port tree is a bit out of whack.  Im curious if youve
cleaned out the distfiles and work directories lately?  Also.. what version
of FreeBSD and where did you obtain your ports tree from?  The CD or a
FreeBSD cvsup server? When was the last time you cvsup'ed the latest ports
tree.

I usually find that if Im having an issue building a port,  a little cvsup
and cleaning of those directories works everytime.

Hope this helps.