Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:59:32 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Laserjet 1200 on USB

--=-=-=

At 2003-09-19T16:35:14Z, Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com> writes:

> Something wrong with ulpt?

Yes, at least in conjunction with that particular printer.  I'm not
well-versed enough in the subject to really understand the problem, but I
think it has something to do with mode detection.

> Oh not you too with this 'fix it' bribe.

It wasn't a bribe.  It was more of a statement of "geez, I'd really prefer
not to have to reconfigure my network's printing setup".

> Get a jetdirect card.

Out of curiosity, would there be any advantage to that over, say, building a
little and cheap Linux box as a dedicated print server?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--