Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:41:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Kletsky <jeff+freebsd@wagsky.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI autoload failed -- unable to install

Having been unable to confirm a complete and proper installation of
5.0-CURRENT on my Sony PCG-SRX7/EP (similar to SRX77) laptop using the
4.5-RELEASE installer, I have made a bootable CD from
5.0-20020313-CURRENT, as well as floppies from 5.0-20020314-CURRENT.
Both exhibit the same set of symptoms.

*or*

after moving through the boot process and forcing the 'OK' prompt, enter:

set hw.pcic.intr_path=1
set hw.pcic.irq=0
boot

*or*

set acpi_load="no"
set hw.pcic.intr_path=1
set hw.pcic.irq=0
boot

*or*

unset acpi_load
set hw.pcic.intr_path=1
set hw.pcic.irq=0
boot

Results in:

ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory
-
[dump followed]

*or*

unset acpi_load
boot

Results in a crash dump before anything else happens

What am I missing here?  This laptop has been able to successfully
boot 4.5-RELEASE CD (with the hw.pcic changes above),
install 4.5-RELEASE, boot, and run that OS.

A similar issue was reported - but looks to be a different problem.