Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 14:01:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Robert N Watson <rnw@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sequence predictability (fwd)

> Having seen this post on the ntbugtraq mailing list, I was wondering how
> preditcabkle sequence numbers in FreeBSD TCP connections were..  And is
> this an accurate measurement?

I believe this is for BSDi.  I saw it too, and have sent a mail to
David LeBlanc, asking what his numbers were supposed to mean (they're
not well enough specified to be meaningfull; I _guess_ that they refer
to linear prediction, but I'm not certain), which BSDs he had measured
on, and to please do a clarification on the NTBugTraq list.

I really wouldn't want people to believe FreeBSD is that vulnerable if
it isn't true; and I suspect it no longer is.

Eivind.