Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:08:17 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: loader security problem

hi,

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 05:29:02PM +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> > IMHO, it would be nice to have password protected loader(8) (like linux lilo)
> > or just ACLs for loader(8)'s "more" command (like unavailable for viewing
> > files)
>
> cat >/boot/passwd.4th <<EOF

Looks fine! What about including something like that to distribution and
have enabled by default ? It's much easy for newbie users to get it enabled
by default and not hacked machine (also by default).

[dd]

> Say... does LILO have a scripting language?

One my friend is linux-fan. And I know about lilo by his speach :)
I even did not try to look to lilo's sources and I can't answer such _complex_
question :)

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
/* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */