Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 08:20:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.2-release and netscape

On 02-Oct-99 Randy Bush wrote:
>> So did you read the error message?
>
> yes

You need to make this known when you ask for help - that you have read and
comprehend the error message. Or else you'll get asked this question.

>> Did you install the compat22 aout libraries?
>
> nope.  i could not understand if the 'compat22 distribution' was a
> distribution of libs or of netscape.  i looked for a so named distribution
> of netscape and did not find it.  i looked for compat* in the ports
> directories and had no luck.
>
>     roam.psg.com:/usr/ports# ls -d */comp*
>     ls: */comp*: No such file or directory
>
> i did a search of the web site, and it said to do a /stand/sysinstall, but i
> can not see a compat22 package.

There is probably an email in the mailing list archives that'll tell you where
to find the compat22 package. Note that it's a package, not a port.. somewhere
on ftp*.*.FreeBSD.ORG (pick your poison^H^H^H^H^H^Hnearest ftp server). Where,
I do not know as I do not have it bookmarked or memorized. Your best bet would
be, thus, either search the webpage or the mlist archives.

See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/search/search.html.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>