Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 00:18:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Subject:   Re: Who needs Perl? We do!

As Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> Oh! I think that there was some concensus that it NEEDS to be
> done. It is just that the "core" is unwilling to delegate the
> responsibility to me.

There's nothing like "core" that can be attributed this way, as if it
were a single person, in FreeBSD.  There are only members of the core
team who try to discuss several `government' issues on their mailing
list, who often have (incidentally) agreeing opinions but also often
disagreeing opinions about some technical matter, and who last but not
least often spend quite a large amount of time on the project, not
only for coding but for much more boring tasks like release
engineering, user support etc.

So pleas don't claim that "core" does/doesn't do this or that.

--
cheers, J"org