Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:27:59 +0100
From:      "Stewart Morgan" <stewart@nameless-uk.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Winbond NIC driver

Hi,
	First of all, if this is the wrong place to be talking
about all this let me apollogise and ask if you know to
where I should be mailing?

	Right, now that's out the way, I've a PCI combined switch/ NIC
based on the Winbond chipset which panics FreeBSD 4-stable on boot.

	Having looked at the code in an attempt to figure
this out for myself, I found that the problem was due to
the mii_phy_probe() failing, thus in turn causing the
panic in the line free(sc->wb_ldata_ptr, M_DEVBUF).  As far
as I could see wb_ldata_ptr has not been allocated nor is
used anywhere.

	I would very much apreciate any help in getting this
driver to work with the card, but my understanding of either
the card or driver is somewhat limited, though I will do
anything I can.

	Thanks in advance...

Stewart.

- --
Stewart Morgan MEng AMIEEE
Technical Director, Nameless-UK

T: +44 117 974 55 44        | A: The Production House
F: +44 870 168 02 10        |    147a St. Michael's Hill
E: stewart@nameless-uk.com  |    Bristol
W: www.nameless-uk.com      |    BS2 8DB