Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:17:40 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports <ports@freebsd.org>, ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build ruby20 on -current: it doesn't honor WITHOUT_CDDL=yes

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 01:11:33PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> Hi.
> I disable zfs and dtrace on my machine using WITHOUT_CDDL=3Dyes in
> /etc/src.conf
> ryby20 port throw this error:
> checking for valgrind/memcheck.h... no
> checking for strip... strip
> configure: error: dtrace(1) is missing
> =3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>=20
> I see you have sophisticated check depending on OS version for
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D        --enable-dtrace
> IMHO, it should be replaced to test dtrace binary presence instead.
>=20

To be previse the port should not care about WITHOUT_CDDL :) but it should
detect if the host has dtrace or note, probably a
=2Eif exists(/usr/sbin/dtrace)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D --enable-dtrace
=2Eendif

Should do the trick (to be tested of course :)

regards,
Bapt

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J--