Date:      Sat, 29 May 1999 21:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        bsd-nomads@clave.gr.jp, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO 3.1-RELEASE install via FTP & EP-210A?

I've got a laptop running 2.2.5 PAO nicely with an ADDTRON
EP-210A NE2000 pcmcia card.  I had installed the release
via a SL/IP connection and later gotten PAO working.

Now, I'd like to upgrade this to 3.1-RELEASE, via the ethernet
interface (I don't want to hassle with a SL/IP line again, if
it's easy to avoid.)

So - I downloaded the PAO stuff from daemon.jp.freebsd.org,
but...

It seems that my card isn't recognized, or something else
is wrong.  On vty2, I see the messages indicating a card is
inserted... (along with something about "Code 240") - but I
can't do an FTP install because ed0 doesn't "show up" in the
list of ethernet devices...

I noticed in mfsroot.gz image, there is a /etc/pccard.conf,
but no /etc/pccard_ether to bring up the interface, etc...

Has anyone done a successful network-based install using
3.1-RELEASE PAO floppies?  I've read the FAQ and README, etc...
(the README implies you can do an FTP installation...)
but I must not be seeing something.  Can someone point me to
the requisite info...

Or - do you have to install the OS via a different method and
configure PAO after the install?

	  - Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -