Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 22:36:08 -0800
From:      Pete Chiboucas <connect@transport.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP?

I recently bought the Walnut Creek CDRom distribution, a P120 w/32 meg of
Ram and hardware reccomended by the info from your docs, $150.00 worth of
books from the rec. reading list. I have over 10 years working with
Dos/Windows including some C/C++ programing ex. etc...

After 3 days of non stop reading and trying I am one lost puppy! It seemed
to load fine, I have added users and seem to have no problem with hardware
config etc.., but I can't:

figure out how to load and run any of the software.

following instructions under WWW Resources in the handbook
        #cd /usr/ports/net/netscape
        #make all install
returns:
        make: don't know how to make all. Stop

ls finds files in the directories and subdirectories.

make alone returns: make: no target to make

Help me please I am going bonkers.

Also would like to find help in setting this machine up to be a Web server
(multi home style) with Apache. Any ideas, the documentation is unclear to me.

Thanks in advance :-)

Strength is Gentle, Wisdom Quiet, Passion Overwhelming

Net Connection/Pete Chiboucas	connect@teleport.com
8888 SW Cashmur Ln              connect@transport.com
Portland Or 97225               503 203 1671