Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 19:38:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        steffi@DGS.dgsys.com (Robert Nicholson)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partioning....

> FreeBSD 2.1 requires a boot partition to be a primary right?

The DOS Master Boot record will only boot from a primary partition;
this is not a FreeBSD requirement, it is a DOS requirement that
FreeBSD must comply with.

> What's an acceptable boot partition size ... 10 MB for recompiling the
> kernel?

Typically BSD wants a big partition and then it carves it up itself
using a disklabel, instead of you needing more than one partition.

> I can use a logical drive for a data partition right?

Yes.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---