Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:08:14 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "Bob Schwartz" <bob@bschwartz.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions on first-time installation

[snip]

> Also, your (or someone else's) suggestion that I disconnect the others for
> the moment is a good one...and I guess that that would do, except that I
> would not end up with a boot manager when I hook the others back up
> afterwards?
>
> Also, what, if anything, would that do to any of the data on the other
> drives after the fact?

That's a safe bet, from the standpoint of the Windows installations, but
it can cause grief if you try to plug everything back in.  I've had
problems with the BIOS moving drives around, then FreeBSD can't figure
out which drive it should be mounting off.  I'm not saying it's a bad
idea, all I'm saying is that it might not produce a long-term usable
installation.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.