Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Plamen Petkov <plamendp@techno-link.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ICQJava

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Plamen Petkov wrote:

> I d/l JDK 1.1.5 and ICQJava (0.98b... maybe...installed at home... at
> least it is "the preview only)..

Same hear, except 0.981a and both the 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 JDK.

> It starts fine but trying to connect again and again w/o regular success
> (sometimes connects, sometime not). Well, I thought that mirabilis
> server is out of order or it's "network status" is out... but when I
> rebooted in W95 and run ICQ it get's ready almost immediately... i.e.
> get connected just in a seconds... pfu... "lucky you", I said... and
> reboot in FreeBSD... nope... can't connect...

Just to narrow this down, I connect to the net via a ppp link to a linux
box, and tcpdump on the linux box shows no activity whatsoever across the
link to port 1100 (I think?) on any box.

It used to work halfway reliably, but it hasn't connected once in the last
three weeks.