Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:27:15 +0100
From:      dak <aurelien.nephtali@wanadoo.fr>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xth attempt: Sound problem with VIA on laptop

Hi,

Since a long time I have a problem with my laptop, i don't have sound as long as I reboot under Windows ...
Even on FreeBSD 4.2 the problem occurs.
My dmesg is in attachment. My kernel is built with 'device pcm' but even with every options which exist, the problem is still there :/
And a more strange thing: when i was playing around with sound options by compiling kernel many times, sometimes I can read a music CD with cdcontrol,
sometimes cd is played but no sound ... but when i have sound, on next reboot sound disapears ...

Hope you'll solve that problem soon ...
Thanks in adance.

PS: sorry for my english :>
PS2: My laptop is a Compaq Presario Serie 1200 Model 12XL408