Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:37:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@nomad.dataplex.net>
To:        RT <tr49986@rcc.on.ca>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up! /etc/rc.conf.site is dead.

I tend to prefer that the editable knobs be kept together.
The uneditable scripts and the defaults can go together.
If you are going to divide things, I don't see why you should
put uneditable scripts with editable knobs and apart from
uneditable knobs.
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, RT wrote:

> I kinda like the /etc./defaults directory... All default files should be
> placed there.  Only things edited should be in /etc..  It'll make for a much
> smaller mess of files. I'm wondering about items like ppp examples?

I would either turn "examples" into defaults OR expect them to go away
when someone sets up their own version.