Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:08:55 -0400
From:      "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   file size limit

Hello,
    Wondering if ffs has a file size limit. I've got a rather large tar file
that i've got on the slave drive, the ext2 drive that caused me so much
grief. I've copied it over to a tmp area and tried to extract it. gzip gives
me an unexpected end of file error. When i use tar's -zt option to test it
it fails on an .avi file. Said avi file has spaces in it's file name and is
on the order of approx 4.5 g in size. Ideally i'd like to extract all the
information in this tar file, but failing that i'd like to extract
everything around the avi that is not corrupted so i won't loose everything.
Thanks.
Dave.