Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:58:52 -0700
From:      Mahlon Smith <reich@internetcds.com>
To:        Frank Sonnemans <fs.mail@wanadoo.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommendation Tripwire and alternatives

The only advantage I can think of to using the freeware version of
Tripwire is incremental updates of your filesystem databases, vs
having to recreate the whole thing after allowed modifications.
That is probably a good thing on an old box.

Otherwise, an mtree -c / -f combo works dandy, especially when the
snapshots are stored on a remote box and compared over ssh.

--
Mahlon Smith
System Administrator