Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:37:19 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Vasily V. Grechishnikov" <bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Very inexpensive installation of FreeBSD ?

			Hi !
	We need an inexpensive router ( TCP/IP , 3-10 modems , 1-2 Ethers).
And haven't very many money . We assembled 386SX w/ 4MB RAM , 40MB HDD ,
multiport card ... , without keyboard and video . After I try to install
very nice OS - FreeBSD to that configuration  on other computer .
	I partioned 40MB HDD by a following ( 32 MB - root , 8 MB - swap ).
And I trying to install FreeBSD 2.2-BETA on this root device ...
I simply copying directory hierachy to 32MB / . I'm very tried by this
process , ( 2 hours ), but I'm create working system with 7MB
free of 32MB .
	First  way to install FreeBSD on super-mini disk slices is
addition to Installation menu on boot disks following
 (Distributions/SuperMini) - only nessesary binaries such as sh, named,
route , ..., i.e . for the embedded systems and networking .
	Or second way ( best ) add to the Distributions item following :
SuperCustom for very detailed choice of needed componets .

	Any suggestions ?

Thanks , Vasily .
*******************[FreeBSD it is coolest UNIX for PC!]************************
| System admin , ftp and web master.    | Voronezh State Technical University |
| http://www.econ.acnit.ac.ru/~bazilio/ | Industrial Economy Departament      |