Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:25:08 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/72967: update databases/slony1 to latest

On Nov 22, 2004, at 7:14 AM, Volker Stolz wrote:

> Synopsis: update databases/slony1 to latest
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: vs
> State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 22 12:13:05 GMT 2004
> State-Changed-Why:
> Are you sure the note in UPDATING is necessary? Database-admins
> tend to think before typing anyway...I don't want to spam
> UPDATING with too many instructions which boil down to "Take care"
> and are not relevant to 99.9% of users.

Personally, I prefer to have such notices in UPDATING.  For example,
recently I got bit by an upgrade to subversion which resulted in it
changing from using DB 4.0 to DB 4.2, and my repository was down for
about 20 minutes while I tracked down how to upgrade it (and
subsequently filed a PR to add that notice  to UPDATING).

But I guess your point is fair about DB admins... You are after all
updating a component of the DB so you should think to read the
directions.  So go ahead and leave that out.

Thanks!