Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 23:47:01 -0700
From:      "Firsto Lasto" <firstolasto@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lsof port refers to file that does not exist in the _world_

Hi,

I am running 4.6.2, and I am trying to install `lsof` from the ports tree.
The port attempts to download:

lsof_4.64G.freebsd.tar.gz

If you go to the lsof ftp site and the mirrors, this file does not exist.
Further, if you go to ftp.freebsd.org and go to ports/distfiles, it also
does not exist.  In fact I searched for that filename on google and some
other search engines and it does not _exist in the world_.

So what do I do if I want to install lsof from the ports tree ?  Obviously I
cannot just rename one of the existing ones, since md5 checksum will fail -
and even if I use NO_CHECKSUM command line option, it still fails because of
some missing patch.

So what the heck ?  Why refer to a non-existent file ?