Date:      16 Mar 1999 10:32:02 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sofupdates - which partitions make sense

"Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com> writes:

> I currently have softupdates happening on /var and /usr.
> Should I also enable it for the / partition?  If so, how
> does one do that since the partition can't be mounted while running tunefs?

Have you got some answers ? I've the same pb... As a test install, i
don't have splitted my / partition so i think it's make sense to use
softupdates on it for me.:

/dev/wd0s2a on / (local, writes: sync 835 async 1789)
/dev/wd1s4e on /usr/local (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async 229)
/dev/wd0s3 on /usr/src (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async 0)

Perhaps, creating a boot floppy with tunefs on it ?