Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:17:53 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues 179505

Sorry 'bout the extra emphasis there.

Anyway, the problem is not *simply* the sketch code. It could be
something in the Arduino bootloader violating a USB spec that Linux
doesn't care about and FreeBSD does. But mucking about with the user
code on the Arudino (i.e. - sketches) doesn't change anything: I get
the same behavior whether it's running a trivial Blink demo (pretty
much no libraries used at all) or a complete interactive shell:

It works as expected when connected to Linux running on a VBox VM,
with the umodem device always being present.

If I don't connect it to the VM, the umodem device appears when the
board is plugged in or reset, then disappears before the sketch starts
running.