Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:01:02 -0400
From:      Kenny Freeman <kennyf@pchg.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AFS Server + MAC + Jail

--Boundary-02=_UBhg/TEJC1sJLbF

On October 6, 2003 06:02 pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 8:08 PM -0400 10/5/03, Kenny Freeman wrote:
> >I'm using the latest release of openafs, plus I keep my entire
> >system and kernel up to date with patches.  ...
> >
> >Anyways, my question is really just about AFS and whether or
> >not it works on  5.1-RELEASE.
>
> My understanding is that the server-side should work OK, but
> I don't know anyone who tried to run it in a jail.

Working on that atm (jailed afs). It seems that the rc script supplied by=20
openafs requires a kernel module (afs.ko) to be loaded - I'm modifying that=
=20
also atm (not really much of an rc script, will be when i'm done). The kern=
el=20
module fails to build on my machine - seems there are some header problems=
=20
and prolly more. I'll check with the afs related lists on that. (actually,=
=20
after I have afs properly setup now, the kernel module is required - afsd=20
dies with "Bad system call (core dumped)" without the kmod, i assume the=20
syscall in ? is provided by the kernel module.
=20

> There is some work going on to get the OpenAFS client working
> on freebsd-current.  You should follow the OpenAFS mailing
> list for more details.  Some details show up on the special
> list for the freebsd port of OpenAFS, and some freebsd info
> shows up on the general-info mailing list.
>
> So, Check:

done and done. Just thought I'd check with this high volume list. As far as=
=20
the client side, there is an open source (i think) client called arla in th=
e=20
ports tree.... (..checks status) which just so happens to be borked atm. On=
e=20
can always resort to building from source I guess. Thanks.

=2DKenny