Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:50:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Entringer <kevin@tarvalon.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11

I just did a make world to 3.4-STABLE.  Now I'm having problems with
X11, version 3.3.5.  Whenever I try to start it I get the following:

kevin@discord:/home/kevin# startx

Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?
xinit:  unexpected signal 2

In /var/log/messages it says the following:

Dec 26 04:45:53 discord Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Dec 26 04:46:08 discord Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Dec 26 04:46:16 discord su: kevin to root on /dev/ttyv4
Dec 26 04:46:18 discord Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service

I've got no idea how to fix this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please cc any replies directly to me.