Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:13:24 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   if_bridge / ath - ether type 5e4 flags 3 len 1522 > max 1514

an ath wl card stops definitely working after showing this messages:=20

kernel: ath0: discard oversize frame ether type 5e4 flags 3 len 1522 > max=
=20
1514

seems this packages are then beeing held in the ath tx buffer, filling it u=
p,=20
what then depending on the rate or quantity brings the ath card down, soon =
or=20
later, only way getting it back is by reboot

this is when running in hostap mode and under if_bridge (with or w/o stp)

If I am not wrong a mac frame can be 1518 when untagged or 1522 when tagged

Now, I am wondering why the ath driver discards such packages when they app=
ear=20
to be of valid size

Also, if I am not wrong, who should discard the package if oversized is the=
=20
bridge but not the interface

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o