Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:20:01 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache/Frontpage setup for Vhosts

Running 4.5-Stable with Apache and Frontpage2002

On a new server setup, I just set up Apache for the first vhost
(name-based) and found it was a lot more simple than I had anticipated and
the virtual host fired right up first try and is "on the air". Love Apache!

Was looking for it to be more difficult, but found that I could place the
vhost just about anywhere. BUT, what is driving me nuts now after many
retries is how to set up Frontpage as another independent "root" web for
that vhost. I've tried running "fp_install.sh" with different responses to
the interactive questions, but no dice. I thought I'd found it where it
asked for setup another "virtual server", and after replying "yes", it
asked for "config file". It didn't like any of my answers and I had to
abort the attempt.

My "ports are wide open" for any tips/suggestions about how to do this.
Here's my directory structure now:

Main Domain root: /usr/local/www/data

Vhost:
I wanted to do this to keep each of the vhosts separate from main domain:
/usr/local/www/vhosts/myvhost1.com/data

Also, tried this (because FP re-install seems to look for webs in the root):
/usr/local/www/data/myvhost

FP re-install also asked if I wanted to install a "web root" now, but I
figured that was for the main domain and didn't have the nerve to try a
"yes" and risk messing up the existing main web root.

Many thanks for any ideas from anyone who knows a solution for the above
and willing to share the info. I'm afraid I'm on the verge of wrecking
things since I don't quite understand it.

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone
Server Admin