Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 22:52:16 +0000 ()
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org, mmead@glock.com
Subject:   Working on the mmap thing

I have taken Terry's comments into consideration regarding the
MAP_INHERIT thing.  Unfortunately, we do alot of mapping in the
current kernel assuming that a map is inherited by default.
My (hopefully) fix for the snapshot is to by default inherit
for mappings that are MAP_FILE on regular files, and not to
inherit for MAP_FILE on device mappings.  This will be an
approximately correct fix.  I am working on it, and have
found the 1.2 accelx demo.  Will be checking it all out tonight.
I would really like for those that can test it to try it out
before Jordan's snapshot.  I would like for us to make
"some" progress on a fix.

So, in essence, I don't know what I am going to come up with, but
I am committed to fix this da*n problem this weekend :-).  I will
need some help from some of you for testing.  It'll be a few hours
before I can come up with some coherent code.  (My best female friend,
talked me into dinner tonight -- and you know how priorities get
screwed up :-))...

Thanks.
John