Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:18:58 -0800
From:      "gbnaidu  " <gbnaidu@my-Deja.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to I get the interface on which the packet came in...

Hi I would like to know How to get the interface on which the packet came in?

One way is to use the falg IP_RECVIF flag. But can some body tell me the code fragment how to manipulate this option?

Another option could be to bind different IP address to different sock and try to read them. But in a host with multiple interfaces, will this hold good? How do I make sure on which interface it has came in?

To reply use this address: gbnaidu@sasi.com

regards
--gb