Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:41:50 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        bright@wintelcom.net, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multiple LPT Ports: Second Posting

I'll try that (in all certainty, I should have realized
this long ago) however, I do have a problem with
parallel ports under BSD regardless as it is, it would
seem that interrupt-mode doesn't play nicely with any of
the ports I've tried (from 486-class all the way to
Athlon) and the ports have to be put into polling mode
otherwise they print so slowly, I can get out and walk
faster so-to-speak. I've read somewhere that EPP mode
produces the best results for printing under BSD, I've
gone this route with onboard ports trying interrupt-mode
but produces the same result.

Original message from: Alfred Perlstein
wrote:
>> I have since continued to play with this problem
trying to resolve
>> with no luck. I find it VERY hard to believe FreeBSD
cannot
>> handle 3 LPT ports in one box. I really need this to
work, so I'd
>> appriciate any responses.
>
>If you want it to work then disable the IRQ for one of
the ports,
>you can have it work in 'polled mode' but that'll suck
more CPU.

>-Alfred

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the
message