Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:20:14 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Andr=E9=20Luiz=20dos=20Santos?= <andre@netvision.com.br>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Truncating a file.

  With ftruncate, you can remove part of the end of a file. Is there a way to
remove part of the beginning of a file?
  I'm developing a SOCKS5 server that stores the data received from the first
connection to a local file, and when the second connection is writable, read
that file and write the data to this second connection. As data is read from
the local file, its beginning becomes useless, so I'd like to truncate it
out. Is it possible?