Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:54:25 -0500
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sparc T2000 support
References:  <CALtLxXBz0c6GriqUnVA9DdKeaP1sh8buV-Tfr07nvKBxNpKnJg@mail.gmail.com> <20130131071044.GN29105@server.rulingia.com> <CADGWnjVbHXeR5qM2Ep%2BvgvkQQQQ81RfQCEqsM=0u-FTh5rTeog@mail.gmail.com> <20130131140316.GA1574@lystra.neenah.na.plexus.com> <20130131164940.GA85775@alchemy.franken.de> <CA%2BWntOt%2BQBQ4_DrSLAW8g%2BUZhCn4UNa3WNGzxHUTLo=Nrg_0OQ@mail.gmail.com> <20130131231431.GC12834@lonesome.com>

Let me ensure you that there is no sarcasm whatsoever in my statement.
If I had the chance to get hold of a POWER6, 7, Wii-U, or PS3 I would
be just as interested as Strobl is in SPARC64 machines.
I am very much aware of Marius's programming ability because he has
helped me a few times. I, for one, was glad that he popped up in the
thread.
I have equipment that I offered to give away yet no one dared to take
me up on it.
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 05:20:25PM -0500, Super Bisquit wrote:
>> > I'd be interested in one of these.
>> Ha ha ha. I'm sure you would.
>
> Sarcasm noted.  marius is probably the only person on the project who
> would be both qualified and interested in doing the work.
>
> He has a $realjob, he doesn't need the money he would get from selling
> the piece of hardware.
You make a very very shitty assumption here. Let me inform you that
anything given to me- as far as hardware goes- is used to fix other
peoples' equipment and then is given away.

> It's comments like this that demotivate me from working on FreeBSD.
If my comment and your ignorance of the reasons for me making the
comment demotivate you from working on FreeBSD, then you have an
fragile ego.
You can accept what I wrote or you can reject it. If you want an
apology, then ask for it.

Don't even make the assumption that I am replying to cover my own ass.
I know what Marius can do and I understand very much why he would be
interested in it. I also understand what it is like to have equipment
to work on that is a step  or so above what was previously used.  I am
very much aware of the excitement that comes from starting a porting
project and I can understand what it would be like to actually finish
a project.