Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 1995 16:46:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Basket Case <jon@technix.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mkisofs coredumping when attempting to write to HP SureStore 4020i

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Im trying to get mkisofs to work, but with no luck.  When I do:
> > mkisofs -o /dev/cd0a /mnt
> >
> > (where mnt is a dos partition, 650 megs) -- I get the error message of:
> > assertion "omit_version_number" failed: file "mkisofs.c", line 344
>
> You have to use a *lot* options.  See the man page for examples.
>
> The command line you gave looks like you are tyying to mount a CDROM.
> You *do* know that mkisofs is for use on magnetic media to make images
> that can be *later* burned into CDROM, right?
>

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---
> or previous employers.

Yes, as stated in the subject, I am using a HP SureStore 4020i, which is
a CD-R.  Ive tried variety of command line parameters to no avail.  In fact,
one of the emails said that all command line parameters don't really work,
except -o, which is output.  I'm trying to copy everything in /mnt to the
cdrom.  When using the linux mkisofs, it works fine -- sends things to the
data bus, and so forth, but the cd doesnt even write.  The one for fbsd
(ported for fbsd) doesn't work...  So where am I going wrong?

Regards,

Jon
= E-Mail: jon@technix.org        - Computer Science  - C/C++/Pascal/Basic/ASM =
= WWW:    http://www.technix.org - Systems Administrator - FreeBSD 2.1.0 SNAP =