Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:43:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>
Cc:        Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2.2.2 starts-up terrible slow

You should be starting the rpcbind, or portmapper service on your computer
before starting kde, and you should also take a look at
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/fam.sh, and make that executable... that will start
all the necessary daemons for kde2. For me kde2 starts within about 10
seconds, so I'm not seeing your speed problems, and this is on a 400MHz
computer.

Ken