Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:19:58 -0500
From:      "Jon Passki" <jon.passki@neicoltech.org>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   rpms, libc5/glibc, xserver

I'm looking at trying out a free X server from
http://www.precisioninsight.com. I have a ThinkPad 2626-50u 390 model
running the NeoMagic 2200 chipset, and this server supports it.  The
question is that is seems linux-centric, and I've never had the want to ever
install linux apps on this system, so I'd like to ask ppl for their
opinions.  I'm trying to see if this X server is going to perform better
than the svga server that comes stock w/ XFree86 (btw, the precisioninsight
server isn't xfree86 compliant, so would that have reprecusions?).  They
have a libc5 and a glibc version... what would I have to do to unpackage the
RPM and install either the libc5 or glibc libraries?  Any good url's on this
topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon