Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:21:54 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NO_SENDMAIL means NO_SENDMAIL: buildworld fails

Someone has been updating stable with a lot of superfluous
sendmail-related stuff.  If you set the make configuration
NO_SENDMAIL=true in /etc/make.conf, then one might expect that no
attempt will be made to build anything related to sendmail.  In the
past, I have also added (sendmail( to the cvsup reject file to prevent
any sendmail pollution from seeping into my system.

Someone really needs to keep track of things like this.  Currently,
libsmp cannot be build due to the lack of sendmail sources.  Obviously,
it CANNOT be built if NO_SENDMAIL is true!

/Joe