Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:58:03 -0600
From:      "Jerry Bryant" <jbryant@emh1.otc.cc.mo.us>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Takes a long time to connect with telnet

I have a 2.2.6 running on a PII 333 with 64MB using a 3c905 card.  I set up
a direct connect from a notebook running NT 4.0 abd a 3c589 PCMCIA card us
ing a crossover cable.  When I connect with telnet it shows connected and
seems to hang there for a couple of minutes.

When I check running processes telentd is operating.

Why so long my connection my 2.1.2 box at work is immediate?

Jerry Bryant CCSA
National Systems & Research Information
LAN Analyst
jbryant@emh1.otc.cc.mo.us