Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:31:30 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Rob Austein <sra@hactrn.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A couple of patches to the trafshow-3.1 port

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:06:44PM -0700, Rob Austein wrote:
> As far as I can tell, this program has been orphaned; at least, the
> main web site says "huh?" (in Russian).  Please feel free to pass
> these patches along to the author if you know how to do so.

I had begin october a discussion with the author:
Vladimir Vorobyev <bob@turbo.nsk.su>

Another thing is that if you run as root you will run out of
file-descriptors (it's loosing one for every packet coming from a
non-reverse resolvable IP address due to the way FreeBSD is doing
its them and the way the program is aborting them if they are timing
out). A fix for them couldn't be submitted yet because of the way
the BPF device is not able to run in a threaded environment yet,
but it might be in FreeBSD 4.5 with the patches of John Polstra.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: