Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2007 08:04:31 -0300
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Cc:        jonw@whoweb.com, Mike Makonnen <mtm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: conf/78762: [ipfw] [patch] /etc/rc.d/ipfw should excecute $fire wall_script not read it

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 07:03, Mike Makonnen wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the firewall should be enabled
> in a precmd() subroutine? If so, I don't think that's a good idea. The
> firewall should be enabled only after the firewall script has been
> *successfully* loaded.

I see your point
but first tell me, how do you know that the rules are *successfully* loaded?

then, this is about /etc/rc.d/ipfw ok, then ipfw_start checks if=20
firewall-script exist and reads it what was long time wrong, fortunatly fix=
ed=20
now, so it executes now

then checks if rule 65535 returnes "65535 deny ip from any to any" what als=
o=20
is wrong and is ok only on stock kernel/ipfw with default to deny

then at the end, regardless of any former checks ipfw_start enables=20
net.inet.ip.fw.enable
what obviously is wrong then

firstable no check if it is or not to do so, it does not even check if ipfw=
 is=20
loaded or not, ipfw_precmd might have failed or ipfw is default to accept=20

Jo=E3o