Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 08:27:37 -0500
From:      Jerry Bell <jerry@reillyplating.com>
To:        Quintin Oliver <quintin@smlt.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba troubles.

I tan into this as well.  Create a group and add all of the appropriate
users to that group.  Then add a "force group = newgroup", and "create
mode = 0660" in the definition of your public share.  (see man smb.conf)

Change the group of all the files in /home/samba/public to the new group
and also change their permissions to 0660.

All users of share "public" in group newgroup will be able to access
those files created by each other.

Jerry