Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 10:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Martin Von_Schantz <ikaros_net@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows managers

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Martin Von_Schantz wrote:

> Hello, I have been recommended the KDE desktop environment by some
> 'Linux users' :)
> it doesn't seem that BSD friendly unfourtunately so I wondered
> if anyone had a better windows manager to recommend.

Wrong. KDE is perfectly FreeBSD friendly. Use the FreeBSD port of KDE
and it should work as well for you as it does for me. Get the port from
the FreeBSD site and not the KDE.org site.

If I recommended any other window manager it would be FVWM2. Why do I
recommend it. It is the only one that I ever used. :P I can say that I
had no trouble building FVWM on FreeBSD.

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html