Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2013 00:37:45 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo T530 - Battery Warnings

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:10:52 -0300, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
 > Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> writes:
 > > if '# kldload speaker && spkrtest' makes useful noises on the
 > > speaker...
 >
 > Maybe this is the source of the problem.  After loading speaker.ko and
 > running spkrtest I didn't hear anything.  I verified in mixer that the
 > speaker was at 100:100.

Ok, so the speaker is muted.  The 'normal' IBM/Lenovo sound up/down/mute
buttons don't do anything?  If so that's possibly an ACPI / BIOS issue I
know nothing about.  It is running acpi_ibm.ko I suppose?  If so, what
does 'sysctl dev.acpi_ibm' have to say?

 > When unplugging  / plugging in AC I only see the following in
 > /var/log/messages:
 >
 > Jun 15 10:58:15 bravo power_profile: changed to 'economy'
 > Jun 15 10:58:19 bravo power_profile: changed to 'performance'.

That's all you'll see, indicating relevant performance|economy settings
for cx_lowest and cpu_freq from /etc/defaults/rc.conf being applied.

I have a T500 on loan with broken keyboard.  If I get that fixed or find
a USB keyboard this week I'll check if it behaves the same as your T530.

Good luck, Ian