Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2019 06:24:17 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Making NO_CLEAN configurable through src.conf, possibly default

--w+MAdceOglSEzbpc

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 04:54:40AM -0500, Ed Maste wrote:
> For several years I've built with NO_CLEAN, and would like us to
> consider making it the default in the future....
> As a first step I've proposed having it be set via src.conf WITH_CLEAN
> / WITHOUT_CLEAN knobs, in review https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22762.
> What do folks think (of WITH_/WITHOUT_CLEAN and of making it the default)?

I used to use NO_CLEAN for several years for my daily builds (&
smoke-tests), but a few years ago(!), I switched to using META mode
-- which, in my experience, seems to work better most of the time.
(Caveat: I'm not really comparing them under the same circumstances,
so use an appropriately-sized "grain of salt.")

Peace,
david
--=20
McConnell is on record that the Senate vote will not be influenced by
facts or the Constitution.  Thus, it will not be a "vindication" at all.

--w+MAdceOglSEzbpc

--w+MAdceOglSEzbpc--