Date:      Tue, 29 May 2018 20:46:19 +0200
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Lewis Donzis <lew@perftech.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Testing VF/PF code

Am 29.05.2018 um 20:19 schrieb Lewis Donzis:
> This may be a red herring, but we’d be happy to see VF support for VMware SR-IOV in those drivers.  We did a little bit of experimenting with it, but it looked like the code was a long way from working in that environment.

ixlv(4) is working fine here with ESXi-6.0 SR-IOV setup.
But it was horrible to find working ESXi drivers.  At that time, not the
one from intels download center...
Can't remember details, but I created a customized ESXi setup CD with
drivers released by VMware and that solved
all ixlv(4) problems for my stable/11 guest.
Can't tell about any other PF/drivers.

-harry